SV: Re: char replacement

Dmitre wrote:
>You can use the str-map() function from FXSL to replace any occurence
of a character with a given string.

Do you think that FXSL could be used to replace a grayscale hex value.
Let us say we have values like the following: ffffff, 000000, cccccc,
999999
We use the value as a variable grayscale then we send in some parameters
Par1 = ff0000
Par2 = 0000ff

What I really want to do is to replace the grayscale with a value
representing the level of saturation of the diff between Par1 and Par2
so that for example ffffff would be replaced with ff0000 and 000000
would be replaced with 0000ff and the inbetweens with the appropriate
level of color saturation?

If you think so could you point me to the appropriate parts of the
library for me to experiment with?