Re: passing intermediate result while recursively building nodeset

Hi Jeni,

Thanks (once again) for taking the time to respond.

    [Jeni] Hmm... to be honest, I'm not sure that XSLT is
           the tool for this particular job.

Trying to get rid of me, huh? :-)

    [Jeni] If it's that dynamic, then you should probably
           be using a procedural language, which is based
           on doing dynamic kinds of things, rather than a
           declarative language, which is based on doing
           predictable kinds of things.

Well this just goes to show how poorly I've conveyed my problem
(or else how poorly I've conceptualized it), since I actually thought
that Prolog might be an appropriate language ... but it doesn't parse XML.

Sorry, I'm going to go off-topic now ... It is my belief that a
poster to a mailing list should never *expect* an answer to a question.
 It is only through the generousity of others that answers are forthcoming.
 Your willingness, and that of a handful of others, to patiently
assist those of us in need goes well beyond the call of duty.  Jeni,
you are truly the Mother Teresa of XSLT.  Hmm, It's interesting
that I can't think of a male counterpart to Mother Teresa.  So I'm
lacking an analogous figure for David, Dimitre, G., Greg, J., Michael
(and anyone else that I've missed).

Paul