Re: curly quotes in XML

But I'm afraid Cihan might be talking about a case in which he has "smart
quotes" in tags, in lieu of the correct "dumb quotes" (paired " or '
characters).

If this is the case, Cihan, your XML is lying to you: it's not XML, but
merely almost-XML. An XML parser won't parse it.

Pre-process it with the string-processing language of your choice, such as
Perl, Python or sed. It can't be done in XSLT.

(Trying to exercise his own mind-reading powers),
Wendell