Re: IE Error Message

At 04:00 PM 5/13/2002, you wrote:

>When I try to view my XML document in IE6, I get the following error:
>
>"The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet
>may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document."
>
>The first part of my XSL document is:
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
>   <xsl:output method = "xml" doctype-public = "-//W3C//DTD XHTML
>1.1//EN" doctype-system =
>"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"/>
>   <xsl:template match="article">
>     <?xml version="1.0"?>

   I'm guessing that this is the problem zone.  You essentially have two
XML declarations in the same XML file.  Remove the line above, and try it
again.  I think the XSLT engine will provide one for you resultant XHTML
document, so you do not need to (nor should you) do it manually.

Greg Faron
Integre Technical Publishing Co.