Re: Problem using preceding-sibling

At 12:46 PM 5/14/2002, you wrote:
>Hi Greg,
>
> >>Note that there's no need to use xsl:element to create your elements
> >>if you know what their names are.
> >
> > Unless you're customizing the optional attributes for the named
> > element, which you're not doing here. :)
>
>Could you give an example? You can create attributes with
>xsl:attribute even if you're using a literal result element to create
>the element on which the attribute will be placed, e.g.:
>
>   <foo>
>     <xsl:if test="someTest">
>       <xsl:attribute name="bar">baz</xsl:attribute>
>     </xsl:if>
>   </foo>
>
>if that's what you meant?

   Oopsie.  I got used to reading www.topxml.com
(<http://www.topxml.com/xsl/elmxsl_attribute.asp>) for a "Cliff's Notes"
approach to XSL coding.  Back when I needed an attribute for an element, I
remember only reading the "Can be Contained by" section (thereby missing
the entire paragraph at the top).  I guess the incorrect assumption stuck
in my head.

   I didn't think that Jeni would neglect to state something relevant...

Greg Faron
Integre Technical Publishing Co.