Re: Namespace declarations in the Stylsheet element

Mia Chase wrote:

> I'm just learning XSLT, so forgive me if my question has an obvious
> answer. I declared a namespace as part of a stylesheet (just as an
> experiment really):
>
> <xsl:stylesheet xsl:version="1.0"
>                mia:version="0.0"
>                xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>                xmlns:mia="http://www.fooBar.com/mia";

> </doc>
>
> The processor adds this namespace to my result document:
>
> <doc xmlns:mia="http://www.fooBar.com/mia";>.../doc
>
> I don't understand why it does this and I haven't been able to find
> anything in the XSLT spec that explains it.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt.html#section-Creating-the-Result-Tree

"The created element node will also have a copy of the namespace nodes that
were present on the element node in the stylesheet tree with the exception of
any namespace node whose string-value is the XSLT namespace URI
(http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform), a namespace URI declared as an
extension namespace (see [14.1 Extension Elements]), or a namespace URI
designated as an excluded namespace."

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel