MSXML4 only crashes (Was: Re: RE: Bug in treating an RTF by Saxon 6.5 and MSXML4)

I wrote:
> "Dion Houston" <dionh at microsoft dot com> wrote:
>
> > Just to be clear, is the bug that on the default case, arg1 will
> > contain the parent of root (/..), which shouldn't allow any
> > operations on it?
> >
> > If not, can you please simplify the bug steps?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Dion
>
> Hi Dion,
>
> No, what happens is that an RTF is passed as the value of $arg1.
>
> I'm not sure if I will have time in the next week to try to look for
> simpler example -- this one is a real example and you can reproduce
> it
> and study it.
>
> I have some guesses why this might happen and I'd be glad to provide
> any further explanations off-list, please, do not hesitate to contact
> me.

Actually what I reported is 100% true for MSXML3.

MSXML4 just crashes when any of the lines marked with <!--Err-> are
present in the provided source. I have noted this consistent crashing
behaviour of MSXML4 on run-time errors in many other cases.

I confirm once again that using the sources provided in my first
message the problem is 100% reproducible with Saxon 6.5. Anybody can
try and reproduce it.

Therefore, I'd greatly appreciate if both the crashing behaviour of
MSXML4 and the non-conformant treatment of RTFs by Saxon 6.5 be fixed
in their next versions.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.