Re: Re: Simple problem - complicated solution - performance

Hello all.

I had already seen FXSL before posting to this list.

When coming to performance, AFAICT, O(n) may seem worth using, except
for the fact that I am thinking of using this on a browser-side
computation model.

That meaning: I have the XML file and the XSLT file on a server. The XML
is dynamically generated, and includes a "call" to the XSLT file. When
thinking of FXSL, the size of the "functions" itself makes it not worth
using.

I have not deeply studied what was proposed for O(n log n), but that may
be interesting if it is simple.

Otherwise, the --very simple-- O(n2) approach will do, as my data sets
will invariantly have 10 elements each, which should not be a big deal.

IIRC, O(n) should be equal to O(n log n) for a 10 sample data model, and
O(n2) is worse, but only 10 to 100 (1 order of magnitude). The
processing time used on it may be worth the network transfer time over a
56K analog modem (yes, still more used in Europe than DSL lines).

I will study that, and maybe do some performance tests. It seems to me
that I will get some interesting results.

Thank you very much, especially for such a quick answer.

Antonio Fiol Bonnín