Using regular expressions in stylesheet

**** Command 'hello,' not recognized.

latest
**** Command 'i' not recognized.
Hello,

I am new to XSLT technology and would like to find out whether the latest
version of XPath already supports regular expressions (I am currently using
Xalan for transformations).
I would like to use regular expressions to extract digits out of a string
containing alphanumeric characters (for example, extract '5' out of '5a').
Can you tell me of an appropriate function that allows me to do this in my
stylesheet?
Would really appreciate some feedback.

Regards,
Trang

	Trang Nguyen
	CMS accessFIBER
	Herrenberger Str. 130,
      CMS-AF Blg4/P2M
	D-71034 Boeblingen
	***
	e-mail: trang_nguyen@agilent.com
	phone: +49 7031 464-8928 telnet: 778-8928
	fax: +49 7031 464-1164
Agilent Technologies Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Böblingen, Amtsgericht Böblingen HRB 4716

Geschäftsführer:
Hans-Günter Hohmann (Vorsitzender), Karlheinz Brüderle,
Dr. Hans-Hermann Dietrich, Reinhard Hamburger
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Roberto Favaretto