Re: Syntax Assistance Needed

Scott Purcell wrote:

>Hello,
>I have the following code
>	<xsl:if test="label[.!='']">
>
>I am picking up a project from someone else, and I cannot find the meaning of
>[.!='']
>I have searched quite hard to find out what the . means but never found it. Could someone please explain what that means and what the '.' period means. As it is used in quite a few other lines.
>
>eg 	<xsl:when test="item_type[.='user_art']">

Hi,

. means current node. When comparing a node to a string, its
string_value is used.

So, label[.!=''] means "the label node(s) that contain(s) some text".
And item_type[.='user_art'] means "the item_type node(s) that contain(s)
the text user_art".

IIRC, when a node set expression such as those shown is used in a test
condition, it slightly changes its meaning by changing "the" by "is
there a".

Antonio Fiol