Re: Mozilla 1.0 rc2 Problems

On Friday, May 17, 2002 9:53 PM
Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

> When I try to view the following XML/XSLT file in Mozilla 1.0 rc2, it
> simply doesn't show up. Can anybody see what my problem is?

Moz is much pickier than IE about mime-types (which the server has to get
exactly right, for the xml page and the xslt sheet) and about the HTML DTD
declaration.

Even when that's taken care off,  you will find that Moz's notion of an XSLT
transform is leaner than IE's. IE passes the XML through its XSLT engine
proper and then through an html serialiser that does all sorts of fix-ups.
Moz simply hands its rendering engine your XSLT output tree as-is, and it
had better be valid XHTML.

See http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xslt/index.html

Bottom line:  don't expect client-side transforms to work interchangeably
between IE and Moz, now or in the forseeable future.

Michael