Re: server mime types

On Saturday, May 18, 2002 12:57 AM
Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

> I know this is somewhat off-topic, but can someone give me a clue on
> how to change the mime type my xsl pages are being sent as? Right now
> the server sends them as text/plain, and I need them text/xml. I'm
> using a third-party host, so I don't have direct access to the
> server. Anything using cgi, .htaccess files, anything like that?

This probably relates to your Moz client-side transform problems (see my
other post re that) and the answer depends entirely on your hosting
facilities. The ultimate answer is to get the hosting provider to fix the
mime-types on the parent server, but that's probably not feasible. Depending
on the provider's settings, you may be able to configure mime-types on a
per-directory basis in your own filespace, using .htaccess entries, but the
only way to find out is via your provider or a support group specific to
that provider.

Michael