RE: Regarding XSL performance on AIX

> > In a similar fashion by calling nested templates, I
> transform the XSL
> > to display the XML as a collapsible tree. When I do the
> transformation
> > on WindowsNT it takes 20/25 seconds wheres on AIX it takes 3/4
> > minutes. I just can figure out why? Does any one have any idea why
> > this happens?

You're probably using different XSLT processors on the two platforms,
and it's the XSLT processor that affects the performance, not the
operating system. Chances are you're using some intrinsically
inefficient construct, but one of the processors has found a way of
rewriting it to be more efficient, and the other hasn't.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com