RE: how to access values of dropdown list created in .html file with Saxon

>When using Saxon to create an output.html file  with a dropdown list
>list (result below), how can the values of the dropdown list be
accessed
>through code?

><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><SELECT
>xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon";
>name="paglassociates/pagl/state"><out><distinct-states>:

><OPTION>CA</OPTION><OPTION>CT</OPTION><OPTION>ID</OPTION><OPTION>IL
></OPTION><OPTION>MT</OPTION><OPTION>NJ</OPTION><OPTION>NY</OPTION><OPTI
ON>WA</OPTION></distinct-states></out></SELECT>

If you mean how would you access this via xsl-t then Saxon has an
extension attribute saxon:next-in-chain which you can put on your
xsl:output element, like so <xsl:output method="xml"
saxon:next-in-chain="second.xsl"/> this takes the output of your first
transformation and applies the second.xsl to it before sending the
result to the file designated as the result.
If you mean how do you access a dropdown list with javascript that
sounds like a question for a javascript list, in newer browsers you
would give the select an id and try getElementById() I assume.
If you mean how do you generate a javascript that allows you to work
with your dropdown then get a copy of the script you want to generate
and post it with the dropdown list and ask again.