RE: creating list from structured paragraphs

> This should be quite straightforward, though I have not tested it:
>
> <xsl:template match="para-1">
> <list-item>
> <xsl:value-of select=".">
> </list-item>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template match="para">
> <para>
> <xsl:value-of select=".">
> <list>
> <xsl:apply-templates />
> </list>
> </para>
> </xsl:template>

not quite and here are the results with msxsl.exe:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
 <para>The following text is a list
  List item No. 1
  List item No. 2
  List item No. 3
 <list>The following text is a list
  <list-item>List item No. 1</list-item>
  <list-item>List item No. 2</list-item>
  <list-item>List item No. 3</list-item>
 </list></para>

It seems because 'para' is of mixed content, when you grab its contents with
<xsl:value-of/> you also get all text.

thanks for trying though,

David