Re: referencing a param inside a template

Use an "attribute value template":

<input type='hidden' name='unique-id'
value='{$ID}'></input>

Cheers,

Tom P

[Jeff Barrett]

I am trying to reference information passed into an XSL stylesheet (via
java's transformer.setParameter() method) in the output of a template,
but I'm running into some trouble.  My output is html and the parameter
I'm passing in needs to be an attribute value in the html.  I've tried
this two ways.  First I tried putting the parameter directly into the
output HTML like so:

<xsl:template match="program">
<input type='hidden' name='unique-id'
value='$ID'></input>
</xsl:template>

This results in the $ID NOT being evaluated as a paramter or variable,
but the plain string "$ID".

My next attempt was to use the xsl:value-of tag:

<xsl:template match="program">
<input type='hidden' name='unique-id'
value='<xsl:value-of select="$ID"'></input>
</xsl:template>

But that won't work because according to the error I get: attribute
values may not contain '<'.

Am I missing something?  Are params/variables only to be used in XPath
expressions?

thanks,
+jeff