Re: Rephrasing the problem [was Re: Second try: Search and replace many strings that may not be present in target

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 07:04:47PM -0400, Wendell Piez wrote:
> I agree with Stuart that this is only an XSLTish problem at a stretch.
> Partly because it's designed to be side-effect-free and not depend on a
> particular processing order, XSLT has trouble with such notions as "the
> first time a string occurs in the document, in any <p> element". It can be
> done but it involves some pretty creative twisting-and-turning. As Greg is
> kindly showing. :->

Well how about this: suppose the problem were redefined so that instead
of matching only the first occurrence, the recipe could match all
occurrences within a given <section> (including within text found in

Does that simplify the problem?

Be well,
Zack

> Regards,
> Wendell

> Wendell Piez                            mailto:wapiez@mulberrytech.com
> Mulberry Technologies, Inc.                http://www.mulberrytech.com
> 17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9635
> Suite 207                                          Phone: 301/315-9631
> Rockville, MD  20850                                 Fax: 301/315-8285

Zack Brown