RE: NullPointerException

Thanks Wendell,

You are right!  FOP NullPointerException errors are extremely unhelpful.  I did try to create the xml page using the command line parser.  This time it complained about that the xml file not being well-formed, even though the .fo file is.  Not sure how that can happen.  If I would remove the code below then every thing is fine.  Does it make any sense to you?

<xsl:template match="node()">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
    <xsl:if test="contains(. ,'<sub>')">
       <fo:inline baseline-shift="super" font-size=".75em">
         <xsl:text>FOUND SUPER </xsl:text>
      </fo:inline>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:copy>