Re: AW: Counting number of characters of sibling text node

>Try        <xsl:value-of select="$pastTxtLen + string-length(.)" />
>instead of <xsl:value-of select="string-length($pastTxtLen) +
>string-length(.)" />
>
>If it does not work there is yet another (whitespace) problem.

I also tried removing any whitespace or newline from the template(putting all the template's code in one single line =) ) but the result was the same.
The diference between the expected result and the obtained result is very high any way. The text node I'm considering has approximately 25 characters
and the result I get is of 2 characters.

Why do you say string-length() is not needed with $pastTxtLen ?
$pastTxtLen contains a text node and not a text node's number of characters right?

         Filipe