Re: xlink implementation - html link choice

 > But therefore I would need Javascript, wouldn't I!?
 > I don't want to use JavaScript, cause it can be easily deactivated!
Furthermore it should be able to show the html on older browsers, too.

 > why not use a form ?
 >
 > Kind regards
 >
 > Stefan

Hello Stefan,

XLink is a new technology. How should it work in older browsers? Until
now the browser support for XLink is rudimentary. Have a look at
http://www.zvon.org/xxl/xlink/OutputExamples/xlinksimple_intro.html.
There is written that Mozilla supports XLink to a certain extent - it
works really well. Maybe the on or the other W3C-browser supports XLink
too, but you won't be able to have it for every user, for older browsers
and without javascript. Either you use javascript (at the link there are
the corresponding javascript examples, so that you don't need to program
them yourself, but only type 'simple') or you use pure HTML and you
create always a linklist. There are no other options at the moment.

Regards,

Joerg