Re: AW: document

Stefan Groschupf wrote:
> <xsl:message>The document is:
>   <xsl:value-of
> select="document('http://localhost/econtent/Content.do?state=resource&resour
> ce=250')" />
> </xsl:message>
>
> This does not give any xml back in my output.

value-of is just going to give you the string-value of the root node, which is
going to be the concatenation of all the text node descendants. So you might
be getting XML but it just doesn't contain any text. Like value-of on this
doc:

would give you an empty string. So the fact that nothing comes back may not be
telling you anything. I would do something like

<xsl:value-of select="concat('there are ',
  count(document('http://...')//node()),
  ' nodes in that document!')" />

Also, you need to use &amp; not a bare &, when putting the URL in your
stylesheet. Remember that the stylesheet is parsed just like any other XML
document, so when you mean '&', you need to write '&amp;'. i.e.,

  state=resource&amp;resource=250

   - Mike