Does saxon:output do an HTTP POST? (Using XSLT as a Web Services bridge)

Several weeks ago I discovered (with help from folks here) that the
document() function could be used to access dynamically generated XML
data (such as from a Web service) as well as static XML data.  Most
cool!

Thus, the document() function may be used for inputting Web service
data.  Now, I would like to consider using XSLT to output to a Web
service.  SAXON and XALAN both have an extension element for outputting
to other files.  Suppose that I have a Web service which consumes XML.
That is, you send an XML document as the payload of an HTTP POST.  Can
the SAXON:output element be used to send XML data to the Web service?
In other words, does the SAXON:output element do an HTTP POST?  If so,
we can use XSLT as a bridge between Web services:

    | Web Service 1 |                          | Web Service 2 |
           |                                           ^