Re: Does saxon:output do an HTTP POST? (Using XSLT as a WebServices bridge)

Thomas B. Passin wrote:

>Whether you can do it depends on what you mean by "Web Service".  It's one
>thing to POST some (name,variable) pairs.  It's another to construct a SOAP
>envelope + payload and to respond to possible SOAP error messages.

Yes, in fact I'd go further - I'm not even particularly committed to
SOAP, but I do care about the ability to send an XML request, so I would
be equally happy (in principle) if we (all) started calling our Web
Services by using POST with the XML as a MIME attachment, as John Cowan
pointed out on xml-dev. But until someone can find a way of sending an
XML block via a URL, then I need something more powerful than document().

Francis.