Text output and whitespaces.

I use XSLT to produce formated text output.
The result is an input file for an existing programm.
The formats of text files are predefined.

The combination
<xsl:text> </xsl:text>
is the most frequent in my stylesheets. This style is not good
and not easy to read.

How can I define in _XSLT_stylesheet_ an element
<ns:whitespace />  ?
(It is reasonable to have additional an optional attribut "length".
Some formats require specific number of whitespaces between elements.)

Regards!

Vit
--
Vit(aly B.) Rudovich          mail@VRudovich.com