How namespaces are unique???

Hello All,

I had a problem recently, that I was using XML from
different sources and both the sources had namespace
of same name, the name used was "calp"

both had namespace definition like this:

xmlns:calp="http://url1.com/meta/calp";

xmlns:calp-"http://url2.com/bit/calbit";

Can anyone explain me how namespace is resolving the
conflict, when the these prefix names are same???

I'll be thankful if someone can help me in this.

Regards
Dennis