RE: XSD and XSLT

> A while ago (about a year), someone posted a URL on xml-dev
> which showed an example of how XSLT could be defined for
> substitutionGroups or complexType and XSLT used to generate
> the correct XSLT for each element using the type (or in the
> substitution group).

It's reassuring to know that there really are people out there
interested in using schema information as input to a transformation,
since a good slice of the work we are doing in XSLT 2.0 is driven by a
belief that this requirement exists, or will exist. Do help us by
keeping an eye on the XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 specs and telling us if
they match your expectations.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com