RE: Built-in templates for specific modes

I think you're right that the XSLT 1.0 spec is unclear here.

I think the correct reading is that the built-in rules for text and
attribute nodes apply in every mode, and we have said this explicitly in
the XSLT 2.0 draft.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com