Re: Parsing Problem with Default XML Namespace - xmlns

[Daley Thomas Contr AFRL/IFGB]

> I am having a problem parsing an XML document, which was generated
according
> to the
> Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format (IDMEF) Data Model and XML
DTD,
> in
> http://www.silicondefense.com/idwg/draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-07.txt ,
> starting on page 91.
> Specifically, the problem lies with the default namespace declaration, "
> xmlns="urn:iana:xml:ns:idmef" ", which appears in the following top level
> node line:

Unfortunately, there are processors that only accept http: schemes for
namespaces, although any URI scheme is supposed to be allowed.  I know of an
RDF processor that has this problem, and it seems that the Microsoft .NET
SOAP machinery also has it.

If the Oracle processor has this limitation, it would not be conformant to
the XML Namespaces Rec, but that doesn't help you  a bit.

Cheers,

Tom P