Re:Problem w/ call-template

Thank you both of you for  quickly spotting the problem.  I closed the template
in the wrong place as Peter pointed out.  Nilesh explicitly spelled it out for
me. :>)))

I  have made the correction; that fixed the problem.  However, somehow, w/ the
existing logic, "originalString" doesn't seem to be passed correctly.   It
prints out correctly the  "String" where it was selected ( before calling the
template lastSubString.  However, the result is empty since the
"originalString" is empty in the template "lastSubString".  How do I print out
the "$originalString" in the location marked ***DEBUG: for debugging?

Thanks,

Kim

> Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 07:41:19 +0000
> From: "NILESH PATEL" <jayganesh786@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem w/ call-template
>
> Hi Kim,
>
> I think even then it will still complain about template name do not match or
> something. I think your xsl fragment should look like this. Correct me if I
> am wrong, as I am not really a master in xsl.
>
> <xsl:template match="String">
> 	[...]
> 	<xsl:call-template name="lastSubString">
> 		<xsl:with-param name="originalString" select="."/>
                ***DEBUG1:
> 	</xsl:call-template>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template name="lastSubString">
> 	<xsl:param name="originalString"/>
***DEBUG2:
>    	<xsl:choose>
>       		<xsl:when test="contains($originalString,',')">
>        			<xsl:call-template name="lastSubString">
>                  		<xsl:with-param name="originalString"
> select="substring-after($originalString,',')"/>
>              		</xsl:call-template>
>          	</xsl:when>
>    	  </xsl:choose>
>    	  Last substring: <xsl:value-of select="$originalString"/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> See if this works, which I am preety sure(99.9%) will work. Let me know the
> resultplease so I can judge myself.
>
> Thanks, kepp the good work going.
>
> Nilesh Patel
>

> >From: Peter Davis <pdavis152@attbi.com>
> >To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
> >Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem w/ call-template
> >Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 19:53:13 -0700

> >On Wednesday 29 May 2002 16:11, Kim wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I got an error msg: Could not find template named: "lastSubString".  It
> >is
> > > from the "***" line.  What am I missing  here?  I checked the spelling;
> >it
> > > is fine.
> > > </xsl:template>
> > > </xsl:template>
> >
> >You have defined the "lastSubString" template *within* another template.
> >Really you shouldn't have gotten this far -- <xsl:template> must be a
> >top-level element (that is, a child of <xsl:stylesheet>).  Simply move the
> >"lastSubString" template outside of the other template and it should work.
> >
> >- --
> >Peter Davis

=====
Kim