Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:31:43 +0200
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Newbie question--applying templates, selecting
paragraphs - SOLVED!!

What about http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#conflict ? Does it help?

Joerg

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:42:30 -0700
From: "David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM" <david_n_bertoni@us.ibm.com>
paragraphs - S OLVED!!

xsl:copy does not make a deep copy, it only copies the current node.  The
xsl:apply-templates element with the xsl:copy recursively processes any
descendants.  The second template is more specific, and therefore, has a
higher default priority, so it is chosen rather than the first one, if it
matches the current node.  For more info, see:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#conflict

Is there some reason you're not just using the expression "node() | @*",
instead of "*|@*|text()|comment()"?  Are you excluding processing
instructions on purpose?