Re: Document() and &

This solution doesn't work for me. I see a similar problem, as described
in
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200205/msg01557.html

The problem is that I need to take a URL from an XML file, and put it
into an attribute of a tag in the HTML file being generated.

Many thanks,
Zack

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 09:17:40AM -0700, Stuart Celarier wrote:
> Jeni, you wrote:
>
> > If I understand what you're saying, it doesn't sound right to me.
>
> That is because you understand what I'm saying and it is not right. I
> did not pay enough attention to the question. The goose has come home to
> roost.
>
> To confirm what you say, here is a snippet of working code that I was
> playing with only the other day.
>
>   <xsl:template match='authorRequest'>
>     <xsl:variable name='URL'>
>       http://localhost/sql?sql=select+*+from+authors+where+au_lname=
>         '<xsl:value-of select='lastName'/>'
>         +for+xml+auto&amp;root=query
>     </xsl:variable>
>
>     <xsl:copy-of select="document($URL)/query/authors"/>
>   </xsl:template>
>
> This performs correctly using the .NET XSLT processor. Ampersand is
> encoded in the URL using &amp; in its intended meaning.
>
> Honk, honk! I hear the geese flying over just now. Maybe one of them was
> sent by Josh, too?
>
> Cheers,
> Stuart

Zack Brown