Incrementing a variable (was Re: Passing Elements...)

Venkatasubbaiah Chenna wrote:
> I have a doubt, how can i increment a variable in an if condition?

You have a "question", not a "doubt".
And change the subject line when you start a new topic.

The answer:

You cannot modify a variable while it is in scope. This is a FAQ.

Many problems for which you think you need mutable variables to solve are
usually better handled with a different approach. Tell us what your problem is
(input and desired output) and we will tell you how it can be done using a
functional, rather than procedural, approach to programming.

However, if you insist on incrementing a variable, you can simulate this
behavior with recursion. See http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N4806.html for
an example.

   - Mike