Re: xsltproc (was Re: XSL-List Digest V4 #417)

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Kevin Jones wrote:

.. I don't want to get into a which is faster debate but this is really suspect.
.. I benchmark processors as part of my job and under no circumstances have I
.. found this to be true. I have found many of the Java processor are quicker
.. than libxslt, including jd.xslt, Resin, Saxon and XT. Because of differences
.. between JVM implementations the margin is different between Windows/Linux. In
.. fact in a league table of  Windows processors libxslt comes in 6th out of 11.

These performance debates always focus on the same set of XSLT processors.  It's
great to have traditions.

But, as one of the developers of DataPower's XSLT engine, I often help the
sales team benchmark real-world XSLT applications from our customers.  I
would be happy to arrange a performance comparison of our products against
any other XSLT engines for any organization.  Performance gains of 10 or
more are common, and we easily process 100 Megabyte XML files that no one
else can handle.

--

Jeff Kenton
DataPower Technology, Inc.