Re: sorting

That works. Thanks.
In case there is no sort column, will setting the variable $chosen to some
value like 0
disable the sort? This is desired so I don't have to use <xsl:if> to special
case the
sorting (there is a related thread on this topic but I want to confirm for
this example).

Also, I tried using an attribute directly  in the predicate instead of a
variable and it
didn't work. Is this supposed to work? Example:

<xsl:sort select="column[number(@sort-column)]"/>

Is this a valid predicate?  It is still better to use a variable, I believe,
because then
I could use <xsl:if> to set it to 0 if there was no sort-column attribute
and get the
benefits I described above, assuming it works that way.

Thanks,
Stuart Zakon
Objects by Design
http://www.objectsbydesign.com