RE: Xalan Transformation Error

Scott,

I ran your stylesheet on itself in Saxon and Xalan as well as in MSXML3SP2 (which does both XSLT and the obsolete WD-XSL language). Interestingly enough, it ran in all three, when the namespace declaration was given as http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform.

This is good, since it suggests your code actually manages to avoid the traps of the older WD-XSL. On the other hand, it means I'm not reproducing your bug.

I can say, however, that you should use the current namespace, forget about the WD-XSL namespace, and debug accordingly. As to your bug, the stylesheet runs standalone, so I imagine it's something in the Javascript. (You didn't say whether you were getting the error on running the transform, or on loading and running the results in the browser. The best way to debug the Javascript as such is to run the transform and debug the resulting HTML as if the XSLT has nothing to do with it, which is true; then fold your corrected code back into the transform.)

Sorry I can't be more help.

Cheers,
Wendell