Re: Identity Transform and Default Templates, I think...

  As far as I know, these two are equivalent:

  in full:
    <node>
      <xsl:attribute name="id">
      <xsl:value-of select="node"/>
      </xsl:attribute>
     </node>

  avt:
    <node id="{node}"/>

oops yes I was thinking about the version i gave in my reply not this
version, sorry.
The only way around producing id="" (if node is empty/not there) is to
use:

     <node>
       <xsl:if test="node">
       <xsl:attribute name="id">
          <xsl:value-of select="node"/>
         </xsl:attribute>
       </xsl:if>
     </node>

Or simpler in the case of just copying, which is what i gave in my first
reply and was thinking about when I gave the incorrect response above:

<node>
  <xsl:copy-of select="@id"/>
</node>

David