XSLT Table defination Question

Hello,

I have question about XSLT. I have table with many columns. I want to restrict one of the table column no bigger that say 20 characters. But the problem is value I am putting in from XML file may have words which are longer than 20 characters and so table goes wide... !
e.g if the word is testverylongstringgreaterthantwentychar .
What happens is table goes wider.. and don't restrict it to 20 characters and rest show in next row..
I would like to have output something as follows..
testverylongstringic-
hgreaterthantwentych-
ar

Here is the sample of table defination within XSLT

<TABLE BORDER="true" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="4" WIDTH="98%">
<TR>
<TD WIDTH="20%" VALIGN="TOP" BGCOLOR="#66cccc" HEIGHT="10">
<B><center>
<FONT SIZE="2">
Attribute Name
</FONT>
</center></B>
</TD>
</TABLE>

Do anyone know anyway I can do what I need ? I would be more than happy even if you point me to right place (if you know) for the question I have.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Mehul.