Re: xml-stylesheet p.i. and other options (was Re: text/xsl...)

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 05:45:51PM -0400, Wendell Piez wrote:

> Surely you've seen nifty TEI demos that show different views with a click?
> (Like, we had 'em five years ago!)

sure, if you script it locally. but you don't want to...

> Hitting the server again and reloading the document ... for one, you lose
> your place. It's like pulling your thumb out, closing the book, putting it
> back on the shelf, pulling down the other volume and looking up the passage
> again....

it's hardly something you do that often, is it? sorry, I probably
don't get your context. The use I see for this is
_either_ switching to a preferred style for the whole reading session
(in which case I want the style request to be persistent, by the way. If
I switch document A to style B, and A has a link to C, I want C in style
A).

_or_ switching to a different transformation, eg a different
sorting order. in which case losing your place is not relevant.