RE: JSP includes in XSLT

> Unfortunately, <jsp:include> is interpreted
> differently than <% include %> (or at least
> that was what I was told by JSP folks). The
> <% %> version is a compile-time include but
> <jsp:include> is run-time, so there are
> performance issues with using the xml syntax.
>
> Sara

Er, yes and no:

  <jsp:directive.include file="relativeURL"/>

is the xml equivilant of

  <%@ include file="relativeURL" %>

but it is not the same as

  <jsp:include page="relativeURL"/>.

Otherwise, you are correct, one is compile-time, the other dynamic.

P.S.

One of the advantages of the xml syntax is you can validate the jsp
against the document type definition in your editor (netbeans, for
instance).

The syntax card for jsp 1.2 lists the xml syntax for each element
(available on http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/technical.html).

Guy

Apologies for off-topic.