RE: node responding to ancestor node attributes

> In my root node I specifiy the language I'd like output to be
> in. I tried matching a template of page[@language =
> 'es']//content//element[@type = '1'] but that didn't seem to
> work.

There's nothing wrong with this expression, except that it seems to be
doing something different from what you expected it to do. Show us the
context in which you wrote it, and an example of the source document
structure, and all will become clear...

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com