RE: Naming conventions

(unfortunately the people designing
> XPath2 seem not to have used XPath before so XPath2 has a
> bunch of different naming conventions culled from different languages)

Actually, XPath 2 uses the same convention as XPath 1 of
hyphen-separated words, except that type names defined in XML schema are
regarded as single words and used as written in XML Schema, leading to
things like get-current-dateTime() that look crazy but actually have a
perverse logic to them.

The unfortunate thing is that XPath 1 chose hyphenated-words and XML
Schema chose camelCase. There's not much we can do about it now.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com

(I still regret the passing of Algol 68 which allowed spaces in
identifiers...)