Re: Assist With choose condition

Hi Scott,

> I am developing a xsl stylesheet. I need to check a condition and
> deal with it. Below is a snippet where I am building an img src tag.
> The problem is that the value in "contents" is sometimes empty. So I
> need to (on the commented out line) check if contents has a string
> in it. If it does, great, else I need to put in some default.jpg or
> something like that.
>
> I have tried a couple of approaches, but with no luck.

Mike Kay would accuse you of guessing at syntax... The syntax of
xsl:choose is:

  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="...">
    </xsl:when>
    ... more xsl:when elements ...
    <xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>

If you want to check whether the contents element has a string value
then use the test "string(contents)". So your xsl:choose should be:

  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="string(contents)">
      <xsl:value-of select="contents" />
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>default.jpg</xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>

Cheers,

Jeni

---