Re: RE: Re: Query re XMLSpy XPath engine

Hi Américo,

> In this document we have two ns defenitions: one binding the ns
> 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' to the prefix 'html' and another
> setting the default ns to 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'. Since
> XMLSpy evaluates the expression in the context of the original
> document doesn't this means that it's setting the html prefix or
> setting the default ns?? Wich ns definition is return with //hr?
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; or
> xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";??

Both namespace declarations are in scope on the hr element (two
namespace declarations with different prefixes for the same namespace
URI can happily coexist). The default namespace declaration should be
ignored, however, since default namespace declarations are not used to
interpret element names without prefixes in XPaths.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison