RE: Errors when trying to use Xalan instead of Saxon

> I am using DOM, in particular the Node class to break
> up the file into chunks and then run the transformations in a
> loop.  This worked fine with Crimson and Saxon but gives me
> an error with Xerces and Xalan.  The problem lies when
> attempting to get a ByteStream from the myNode.toString() and
> then constructing a transform with this Stream. With Crimson
> the myNode.toString gives me a nice String containing the
> nested template. However with Xerces I get the root name and
> null.

This is a DOM question, not an XSLT question.

I don't think the DOM specification defines what the toString() method
on a Node should give you, therefore you should not rely on it being
portable between implementations.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com