Re: processing-instruction()

Joerg,

> I read it and found David acknowedged, because the link to NodeTest
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#NT-NodeTest) states, that
> processing-instruction('Literal') is a NodeTest too.

Sure, as is a QName and an NCName:*. The important thing is that the
XSLT spec says:

  **Otherwise**, if the pattern consists of just a NodeTest preceded
  by a ChildOrAttributeAxisSpecifier, then the priority is -0.5.

and the *otherwise* means that this condition only comes into play if
the pattern hasn't been covered by the previous conditions. QNames and
NCName:*s and processing-instruction('Literal')s are covered by the
previous conditions.

> What about node() and * - do they have the same priority?

Yep, which is a bit weird, but then the default priorities are fairly
rough -- nothing like as sophisticated as CSS's, for example.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison