Re: Catching Parser/Transformer Exceptions Xerces and Saxon

Michael Kay wrote:

If there's a parsing error, then the TransformerException thrown by
Saxon will encapsulate the SAXException thrown by the XML parser - you
can get it by calling getException().

Hmmm, This may be a bug then, because I am not getting the encapsulated SAX Exception. I am working with tomcat 4.0.3's default Xerces version. I think it is

* xerces.jar - The Xerces 1.x XML parser (also includes the JAXP 1.1
interfaces).

probibly version 1.4 but I will doublecheck this shortly.

But it may be better to set up an ErrorHandler associated with the XML
parser, so you are informed of XML parsing errors directly.

Yes, I think I will try this in my code.

thanks,
Mark Diggory

Michael Kay
Software AG