RE: selecting a parameter using string expression?

Hi Mattias,

> > You can see whether a parameter with the same name exists:
> >    document('')/*/xsl:param[@name=$attribute-name]
> > but I'm not aware of a way to get the value assigned to the
> > parameter. XSLT has been designed to be a compiled language.
> >
> > J.Pietschmann
>
> Ouch :( The scenario I'm facing is that I have an XSLT
> generated menu that
> depends on the querystr. For example you click on a link and
> it takes you to
> mypage?userID=1, that page in it's turn has some subitems for
> things like
> sending a message to that user, the problem is that the
> userID  (which is
> inserted into the stylesheet through params) needs to be
> passed on to those
> pages. The solution I was thinking on was that for each item
> define which
> params it should pass on and parse that in XSLT so when the
> menu is rendered
> each item has the appropriate params and values. But it all
> falls apart if I
> can't check the value of a parameter where the parameter name
> is a string or
> attribute :/

How about having only one parameter containing name:value pairs,
and make an adapted tokeniser to turn it into a node-set? That way
you could use XPath on your parameters to find out which ones they
are as well as what value they have.

Just a suggestion - I haven't completely got my head round your problem
so maybe I'm missing the wood for a tree or 2.
Tom