Inserting softHyphens in FO

I have a document that has lots of tables. These tables document our XML Schema which has some very long element, entity, and datatype names that are composed of many words and partial words glommed together. For instance:

PCBASICDRIVER
ScheduleType
IncludedExcludedIndicator
PCCREDITSURCHARGE
NonOwnedAutoCategory

These values show up in a column of this table. With FOP it doesn't seem to hyphenate or break these values in anyway. Instead it just overruns into the next column.

Now I have a little routine that counts a number of characters and inserts a space so I get some wordwarp. Problem is that I use a proportional font so the Words with all caps runover at an early point then words with lots of skinny characters.

I need a better approach to make these word breaks. I would like to find the actual print width of the word and then divide it according the amount of space needed rather than counting characters.

My other choice would be to try and get some new hyphenation rules or be able to insert my own soft-hyphens that FOP would recognize and use when it needs the space.

Any ideas on how to do this?

..dan