RE: Re: xsl/xslt coding standard

Hi,

I don't know if this is applicable across a broad spectrum, but in our case
it works well for documentation and testing the XSL(t). This is useful for
people managing multiple projects with a base/starter set of XSL.

Our base set of XSL is copied to the client's project directory. They (or
we) can go about modifying it for specific needs. We are also adding
features to the base set and want to be able to update the client project.
We need to ensure that the base set of xsl:includes, xsl:variables,
xsl:templates, html, et cetera are included in their branch.

I have a {$xsl_filename}_test.xsl (applied against it's namesake) that does
boolean checks to see if each of the base set of elements are present or
not. This creates an XML file that has the test result information and
documentation (which is kept in the test XSL). From this we can create a
documentation HTML that describes the current state of the XSL.

I would be very interested to hear how people do functional or unit testing
with XSL.

best,
-Rob