Re: SVG generation

Chuck White <chuckwh@pacbell.net> writes:

> There's a rather lengthy article on it (my own) here, along with a very long
> list of resources:
[...]

If I'm allowed a shameless plug, I'll mention a paper called "Using
XSLT and SVG together: a survey of case studies" [1] that I presented
with Vincent Hardy from Sun at the SVG Conference. The paper does not
introduce anything really new, except that we worked on integrating
Xerces in the Batik SVG renderer. This allowed us to do cool stuff
like making batik able to read an source-less stylesheet directly
instead of the resulting SVG. For example, [2] (XSL) and [3]
(resulting SVG). Other cool demos linked from [4].

Another consequence of that is that people can write SVG as Literal
Result Elements Stylesheets which just make use of xsl:variable and
AVTs. This makes a simple extension to SVG to have variable and
expressions in AVTs, providing a simple constraint mechanism for
the positioning of SVG primitives.

Max.

[1] http://www.svgopen.org/papers/2002/froumentin_hardy__xslt/
[2] http://people.w3.org/maxf/svg/rec2.svg